For many years, BICSI has led the ICT industry globally by developing and advocating International standards for use in the design, installation and integration of ICT Infrastructure. BICSI standards are written by committees made up of volunteer subject-matter-experts (SMEs) from all over the world to define current best-practices and drive improvement in quality and system performance over the spectrum of voice, data, electronic safety & security and audio & video technologies, and encompass optical, fibre, copper and wireless-based distribution systems.
As an ANSI-accredited, consensus-based standards development organisation, membership within the BICSI International Standards Program is open to all interested parties, regardless of location or region. In addition to the development of standards, BICSI Standards is involved with code and standards writing bodies around the world, further assisting the ICT community in delivering safe, efficient and effective products, systems and services to meet the needs of today and tomorrow.
Current BICSI standards:
BICSI committees are currently working on the development of the following industry standards:
- D003 – Educational Facilities (Complete Rewrite of BICSI 001);
- D011 – International Cabling Installation;
- D013 – OSP Installation – General Practices;
- D033 – New Standard: Intelligent Building;
- D034 – New Supplemental Information: Medical Grade Wireless Utility;
- D035 – Revision to BICSI 005 (IP Fire Alarm)
- D038 – New Standard: OSP Installation of Poles, Anchors, and Guys;
- D039 – New Standard: OSP Installation of Cabling into Aerial Pathways
As these are completed, they will be published on the BICSI head office web site at https://www.bicsi.org/double.aspx?l=3672,3306&r=3308