BICSI’s Mentorship program has been introduced to expand the professional development opportunities for its members, thereby strengthening the ICT profession as a whole.
The Mentorship program is an extension of BICSI’s professional development opportunities, which for several years, have typically been brought to members through formal education and credentialing and informal networking programs. Members from all over the world are now invited to think about getting involved in the 2021 BICSI Mentorship Program as either mentors or mentees.
The program aligns Mentors with Mentees to foster personal and career-based growth. Member pairs are matched based on their similarities and the professional goals of the Mentee. Each member commits to a one-year program, working together to help the Mentee set and achieve short- and long-term career goals.
Many professional bodies facilitate mentorship programs as a means of maintaining the knowledge and experience of a profession, proving to be a rewarding experience for both Mentor and Mentee. Likewise, BICSI’s Mentorship Program facilitates a highly valuable opportunity for members to both pass on and gain knowledge and experience in ICT Infrastructure.
The BICSI Mentorship Program provides many benefits to program participants, the BICSI community and the ICT industry.
Benefits to BICSI Mentees:
- Develop a vision and plan for their future;
- Exposure to advanced ideas, methods and technical expertise;
- A reliable sounding board for ideas and thoughts;
- Expansion of professional network;
- Learn more about the ICT industry and gain personal insight on how business gets done;
- Higher accountability and increased achievement of goals; and
- Increased competencies and soft skills.
Benefits to BICSI Mentors:
- Contribute to the growth and development of tomorrow’s ICT leaders, furthering the advancement of BICSI and the ICT industry;
- Serve as a role model in the BICSI community;
- Improve communication, leadership and cultural competencies;
- Gain exposure to new and diverse ideas through interaction with up-and-coming talent; and
- Build a lasting and cross-generational professional network of mentees and fellow Mentors.
Click here to register your interest in participating the BICSI Mentorship program as either a mentor or mentee and to find out more about the program.
Applications must be submitted no later than 31 December 2020.