Update on 2021 BICSI NZ Conference

In BICSI Blog, BICSI Bytes, Featured, News by info@bicsi.com.au

Unfortunately we have to defer the BICSI NZ conference yet again, because of concerns over COVID-19. The new date is Tuesday 27 July 2021. The very fluid nature of COVID-19 has made it impossible to set a definite date for our conference.

The BICSI NZ conference was originally scheduled for 5 May 2020 2020, but the first COVID-19 wave forced us to deferred it to 11 May 2021. However, due to recent COVID-19 outbreaks in both NZ and Australia, this has forced us to defer it yet again to Tue 27 July 2021. Hopefully COVID-19 restrictions will have sufficiently eased by then, so we can hold our conference, which remains the same in format, program and venue – only the date has been changed.

BICSI has communicated with all the exhibitors and have their full support in deferring the event to a safer date. BICSI has also been monitoring NZ government policies and market sentiment in determining the best date for our conference, including regular consultation with Ellerslie Event Centre management, who have been very accommodating in allowing us to re-schedule our conference without penalties.

Our research and market consultation indicated that many local people in NZ would possibly not attend (voluntarily or employer restrictions) and that people outside of NZ who would normally attend, including BICSI staff (Australia, Pacific Islands and US) would not be permitted into NZ in May.

Given the history of COVID-19 restrictions in NZ over the past year, we still cannot set the date ‘in concrete’ for BICSI NZ conference, so we ask that you bear with us as we set revised dates. However, our definitive plans are to hold the conference on 27 July, in the anticipation that restrictions will be removed and that market sentiment will be sufficiently positive

Ellerslie has advised that, even as late as 27 July, our conference will likely be subject to some restrictions like everyone using sanitiser and food-handling conditions. We will be sure to convey whatever conditions are imposed on us, to all members.

BICSI again apologises for deferring the conference yet again, but we made this decision carefully balancing the safety and welfare of all involved in our conference and the need for industry education and business opportunities.

If you would like to further discuss any specific questions or issues with BICSI, please feel free to contact Paul Stathis via phone or email.