The HDBaseT Alliance is finalising the HDBaseT Spec 3.0, the latest and most advanced version of the HDBaseT standard.
Spec 3.0 builds upon the definitions stipulated in Spec 2.0, with major changes in the physical layer (PHY) and USB outlining. In addition, Spec 3.0 will bring additional improvements to other interfaces.
Key Spec 3.0 features:
- 16 Gbps bandwidth over a single twisted-pair ‘category’ cable, enabling distribution of fully uncompressed 4K signal @ 60Hz 4:4:4 for up to 100 m;
- Low-power mode/standby mode;
- Support for HDMI1.4, HDMI2.0 and HDCP2.3;
- Support of 1Gbps Ethernet and enhanced USB2.0 bandwidth; and
- Backward compatibility with previous specifications.