The BICSI South Pacific Conference in Melbourne is only 6 weeks away – have you purchased your early bird ticket yet? The discount is available until 26 August, and then the price goes up.
The conference is being held on 26th and 27th September at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). It’s going to be a very special event, at a very special venue, at a very special time of the year for many – AFL Grand Final week at the MCG!
The MCG will be the ‘centre of the universe’ for sporting enthusiasts that week, as the AFL Grand Final will be held there Saturday 30 September. And delegates and visitors to the BICSI South Pacific conference and exhibition will enjoy the excitement, as we will be holding our event right in the thick of it.
More importantly, the BICSI conference will be the ‘centre of the universe’ for ICT infrastructure professionals. It’s where all things related to ‘Smarty Infrastructure’ will converge.
Here are a few of the topics and speakers at the conference:
· ‘Interconnection is the New Cloud’ – Jeremy Deutsch, Managing Director, Equinix Australia https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeremy-deutsch-765263/
· ‘Putting the ‘smart’ into the IoT’ – Henry Okraglik, Global Director, WSP Digital Services https://www.linkedin.com/in/henry-okraglik-94062/
· LPWAN – Enabling the Proliferation of IoT in ‘Smart’ Buildings – Richard Morrison, ANZ ICT Practice Lead, AECOM https://www.linkedin.com/in/morrisonrichard/
· ‘Breathing new Life into Multimode Fibre Networks’ – Professor Michael Withford, Macquarie University https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-withford-7367528/v
· ‘Finding Heart…Making Good Businesses Better’ – Andrew Douglas, Principal, Workplace Relations, Macpherson Kelley Lawyers https://www.linkedin.com/in/douglasandrew/
· ‘In-Building Coverage DAS for 4G & 5G – Design and Deployment’ – Franz Obermoser, Telecommunications Project Engineer, Wood and Grieve Engineers https://www.linkedin.com/in/obermoser/
And there will be plenty of new gear and services on display at the exhibition hall, from exhibitors including Fluke Networks (Platinum sponsor), JB Hunter Technologies, Warren & Brown, Commscope, Pacific Datacom, AFL, Ideal Industries, AT&T, Siemon, Redmond Gary, Fiberwave, Trio, Corning, DINTEK, Fineline Labels, Anritsu, DESA Australia, Modular Photonics, Davis Legend, EXFO, TMG, and Grapevine Communications.
Where do I register?
If you haven’t done so already, we encourage you to purchase a ticket to the event at a discounted rate of $697 – Early Bird Full 2 Day Conference Package. Please click on the link to go to the page https://bicsi.com.au/2017-australia-conference-information/. The purchase includes conference entry to Day 1 & 2 (including morning/afternoon teas & lunch) as well as a ticket to the Awards Dinner on Tuesday 26th September.
Where to stay?
If you’re coming in from interstate or overseas and need a place to stay, you’ll be pleased to know that accommodation prices are very reasonable that time of the week. It’s only a couple days later in the lead up to AFL Grand Final that prices jump. A search on Bookings.com last week revealed low prices at some nearby hotels and serviced apartments. Please click on the links below to check out the following hotels and serviced apartments.
Please contact the BICSI office if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org