|In our rush to post the article in last week’s BICSI Bytes about the BICSI Queensland 2017 Golf Day being cancelled, we didn’t complete the article and left some ‘dribble’ text in the article.
Thankfully some members pointed this out to us and we’re completing the article so it makes sense, especially to our Queensland members.
In addition to announcing the Golf Day being cancelled, the article was supposed to also note that the seminar that was scheduled the same day at Indooroopilly Golf Club was also cancelled.
So, the additional information is that we are holding a B-Net the following week instead – 5-7 pm Thursday 7 September, so Queensland members can still get together for a relaxed catch-up, while inviting their clients as well. An invitation has been sent out to all Queensland members notifying them of the event, and inviting them to attend.
The other thing we cryptically referred to in last week’s erroneous article was about CECs for our credential holders. Normally, 1-2 CECs are awarded for seminar attendance, so to help members who would have missed out on the seminar CECs, we’re suggesting a few options to get CECs at little or no cost:
– CI&M webinars are an excellent series of free online educational programs that have one CEC allocated to them. Many credential holders have availed themselves of these one hour webinars and commented on their valuable information. Go to http://www.cablinginstall.com/webcasts.html to see the list of webcasts, along with instructions to receiving your CEC point.
– CI&M also host a number of instructional supplier videos that have CEC points: Go to http://www.cablinginstall.com/articles/2011/12/online-videos-earn-bicsi-continuing-education-credits.html for details
– BICSI HQ hosts a number of webinars on its web site, some free and others at low cost, each with CECs. Go to https://www.bicsi.org/single.aspx?l=5736 for details.
– Some of our corporate members (local SP and global) have online training (most free) that have CECs allocated to them. Try:
– There are plenty of other opportunities for CECs listed online. Try a Google search for “free BICSI CECs” to find various options.
And if your company holds educational events that provide CECs, please let us know so we can share with our members.