The BICSI Australian conference is just one month away and jam-packed with valuable education and exciting activities – you can’t afford to miss out on it.
Here’s a quick look at what’s in store for you.
- 1.00 pm to 5.00 pm Tuesday 26 November (pre-conference workshops);
- 9.00 am to 5.45 pm Wednesday 27 November (conference & exhibition) + Awards Dinner 7.00 pm to 11.00 pm; and
- 9.00 am to 3.00 pm Thursday 28 November (conference & exhibition)
- Hall 4, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Grey St, South Bank, Melbourne
- All ICT professionals should attend this vitally important annual conference. They will be joining ICT professionals from all over Australia and New Zealand, as well as delegates from Asia and USA.
The Pre-Conference Workshops will provide delegates with practical guidance on key optical fibre and datacentre issues within our industry. Delegates can chose either highly educational workshop, which will also provide CECs for credential-holders:
- Hall 1 – 1.00 pm – 5.00 pm “Laser Safety Labelling and Optical Fibre Cleaning”
Murray Teale, Technical Director, VTI Services and Chair CT-001 and WC80 Standards committees
- Hall 2 – 1.00 pm – 5.00 pm “Hands-On 6Sigma DCX Workshop”
Dr Neil Silke, Lead Engineer, Data Centre CFD
This year’s Conference Program is one of our best ever, with presentations from thought-leaders on very important topics that impact our industry technically, professionally and legally. We’re covering topics including:
- The latest applications of ICT in smart buildings and smart cities;
- Accountability in deploying IoT;
- Conflict resolution in the construction and building services industries;
- How standards will protect you against project disputes;
- The impact of 5G on edge computing and datacentres;
- Successful deployment of wireless networks;
- Augmented reality making big changes in vocational training;
- Technology disruption to the residential market; and
- Case studies in major ICT network rollouts.
Our presenters include three lawyers, two professors, the owner of an international property development company, and senior construction industry personnel, along with several thought-leaders in wireless, AV, optical fibre technologies, ICT standards and training. Click here to see the full list of speakers.
With the theme “Setting the Standards”, this year’s conference features two days of vision, new ideas, solutions, legal protection, and thought-provocation. This is a conference you can’t afford to miss. Click here to see the full conference program.
The Exhibition Hall will showcase the latest products and services featuring test and measurement; copper cabling; optical fibre; power protection and distribution; audio visual; cyber security; cabling reticulation and deployment; enclosures; data centres; and education and training. You’ll have two full days to see all the latest products and services, as well as speaking with the technical experts from each of these companies to expand your knowledge and learn from the best. Click here to see the list of exhibitors and sponsors.
Join us at the BICSI South Pacific 2019 Excellence Awards Dinner (sponsored by Schneider-Electric) to celebrate the excellence demonstrated by our leading industry peers. This year we have expanded our categories in recognition of the diversity in scale and application of our industry, giving us seven awards to celebrate – Active Equipment Design; Active Equipment Installation; ICT Infrastructure Design; ICT Infrastructure Installation – Large; ICT Infrastructure Installation – Medium; ICT Infrastructure Installation – Small; and Member of the Year.
Our MC for the Awards Dinner will be TV and radio personality, Anthony ‘Lehmo’ Lehmann, steering us through the formalities of the night, while entertaining us with his extensive repertoire of humour and Australian idiosyncrasies along the way.
Cabling Skills Challenge
An important aspect of our conference is the BICSI South Pacific Cabling Skills Challenge (sponsored by JB Hunter) where the winners of our regional heats will battle it out in the Exhibition Hall for the honour to represent our district at the BICSI Global Cabling Skills Challenge at the Winter Conference in Florida, February 2020. Be there to cheer them on as they work through a number of knowledge and skill tests to prove they’re the best cabler in the South Pacific.
A key reason to be at BICSI conferences is the invaluable networking that always happens at them. While people primarily attend for the education and to discover new products and services, most attendees – whether delegates, exhibitors, or exhibition visitors – significantly build their industry connections and business opportunities at BICSI conferences. That’s a very valuable ‘icing on the cake’ for attending this year’s BICSI South Pacific conference.
Our conference this year is co-located with the Comms Connect conference and exhibition, affording many of their delegates and visitors the opportunity to visit and discover what’s at our event and vice-versa. While Comms Connect primarily focusses on the land mobile radio industry (police, fire, military, ambulance, logistics, mining, etc) and BICSI focusses on ICT infrastructure, there are several synergies between our industries, particularly as industries converge their operations with digital (wired and wireless) technologies. While the exhibitions are separate, the total area of both exhibitions occupies a staggering four halls within MCEC. Make sure you allow plenty of time to get around both exhibition halls!
Click here to register to attend what will be the highlight of 2019 for Australia’s ICT Infrastructure industry.